Performance reviews are an essential component of employee development. The performance review meeting is an important aspect of career planning, and the outcomes of the meeting should be known to the employee and supervisor before the meeting actually takes place. Remember what the German philosopher Goethe said: “Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of being.” Setting goals and objectives to aim for will give both supervisors and employees a focus, and is one of the key aspects to meeting overall company objectives. Supervisors must also learn how to give feedback, both positive and negative, on a regular and timely basis so that employees can grow and develop. Performance appraisals involve all these activities.
- The importance of having a performance review process for employees
- How to work with employees to set performance standards & goals
- Skills in observing, giving feedback, listening and asking questions
- An effective interview process and have the opportunity to practice the process in a supportive atmosphere
- how to make the performance review legally defensible
What Topics are Covered
- Common errors and solutions
- Types of performance reviews
- The performance management process
- Setting standards and goals
- Creating a performance development plan
- Feedback and communication skills
- Accepting criticism
- Appraisal preparation
- Planning and conducting the interview
- Coaching and maintaining performance
- Terminating an employee ü Performance management checklists
Senior and executive leaders who are seeking to increase their leadership effectiveness, as well as emerging leaders who will soon be taking on larger roles in the performance management process, can benefit from the Conducting Effective Performance Reviews workshop.
This workshop is also suitable for any person who wants to better understand the best practices for managing the documents and systems of an effective performance process, as well as the communication and coaching skills that every leader needs to optimize his or her team.
A 12 hours interactive group workshop covered in 3 days
This three-day "Conducting Effective Performance Reviews" workshop will help participants recognize the importance of having a performance review process for employees; setting performance standards and goals; and improving their observing, feedback, listening, and asking questions skills.